ZEGG Forum is the heartbeat of many conscious culture-creating communities… where we look into the soul of someone we struggle with, and “get” them – their pains and joys – and feel our heart burst open with compassion… where we feel so understood that we drop defenses and relax into a deeper state of awareness and joy.
Local hosts Leslie Blackburn, Dixon of Dixon's Violin, Brian VanderElzen, Fia Moon have felt the call to co-create community and culture in various ways. As in all communities, there will be times of conflict, of hurt feelings or tender hearts. We intend to build on our capacity (y'all are some serious rockstar space holders!) together to stay in community and feel safe to make mistakes and be "called in" and support each other to unwind old stories. We have each separately experienced this tool in different spaces and times and believe ZEGG Forum will support our intentions for co-creating community and culture. We have invited Sarah Taub to come in to train a group of us as facilitators in this Forum.
You are being invited because we see you as fellow leaders in our embodied communities of connection and self awareness. Let's come together and do this with one another - so that we can build resilience, connection and community together.
NEW DATES! On Aug 26-28, 2022, Sarah Taub will lead a weekend ZEGG Forum Facilitation Training, preceded by a Community Forum on Aug 25th which folx attending the weekend training are encouraged to also attend (see www.leslieblackburn.com/event/community-forum-august-2022 for details). We invite Forum enthusiasts at all levels to come together as a learning community where we improve our Forum skills and help each other apply ZEGG Forum to the communities and organizations we care about.
Join us if you
• Want to transform the personality conflicts, that can destroy groups, into growth opportunities
• Want to provide a space to develop empathy and compassion
• Want to create a space where all sides of a conflict are witnessed with compassion and curiosity, leading to clarity about peaceful resolution
• Want methods for supporting your group to share visions, common goals and values
• Are practicing leadership at the organizational or professional level and want to make it more personal
• Are a part of a spiritual community, personal growth group or interested in social change on a local or global scale
• Are interested in sustainable community living
Let’s grow more facilitators to strengthen our communities!
• Skilled facilitators can refine their skills and get valuable feedback from their peers.
• New facilitators can gain experience and confidence.
• Those who have never facilitated before can try out facilitation through short exercises.
• Those who just love to participate will deepen their understanding of all aspects of the process.
WEEKEND SCHEDULE: 6:00 pm Friday - 5:00 pm Sunday
- 2.5 days FABULOUS FACILITATOR TRAINING AND PRACTICE
- MEALS: whole food, organic, locally sourced where reasonable will be provided so that we share meals together. Vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free options will be available. Let us know your dietary needs in the registration form.
* snacks & beverages on Friday evening
* 3 meals & beverages on Saturday
* 2 meals & beverages on Sunday
This training includes lodging in the form of camping on-site at One Space. There will plenty of outdoor camping space (please bring your own bedding and/or camping equipment), and interaction with the land will be a part of our experience. There may be some shared indoor sleeping space available by request only, and other options may also be available – please ask if you’d like assistance figuring this out.
Acknowledging COVID is still a consideration. Masks are always welcome. We will be outside for this event, with structures for shade and rain protection. Depending on the climate closer to when we meet, we may ask for proof of negative COVID test (at home rapid test or other) to be taken the day before or day of the event. For your advanced planning, please assume this to be the case and reach out with any questions or needs.
REGISTER HERE by July 29th: https://forms.gle/76L2noUPUrz9yUDy8
SLIDING SCALE: $490/$450/$375
To support both equitable access and sustainability, we offer three rate options to be paid according to one's means.
For more details on which sliding scale option fits for you and on One Space’s tithing model see the Guides at the link for One Space below.
We are actively working to deconstruct barriers to access to this work. If you identify as BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, living with chronic illness and/or disabilities please reach out if you need accommodations beyond what is listed here.
Reach out to Brian VanderElzen about work trade. If you want to be here, we want you here.
Click below and pick the appropriate Invoice button to handle your payment:
$200 minimum deposit to hold your spot in the class (balance due in cash upon arrival at class, if you need a credit card option use the full payment button instead, we will not have the ability to swipe credit cards the day of class)
Or send a check payable to One Space, LLC to Leslie Blackburn (message Leslie for this option).
If you need to cancel through Aug 12th: The amount paid (minus scholarship and $200 deposit) is refundable, and the remaining $200 is refundable only if someone is able to fill your spot.
After Aug 12th: No refunds.
NOTE: We will also be offering a community Forum on Thursday evening for those wishing to gather together and experience the work before the weekend training. It is recommended that those attending this training also join the Community Forum, details : www.leslieblackburn.com/event/community-forum-august-2022.
More about Forum
Forum (http://www.zegg-forum.org/index_en.phtml) was created at ZEGG, an intentional community in Germany, and its sister communities as a way of promoting transparency and mutual understanding among community members. ZEGG members found that decision-making meetings often got derailed because of emotional conflicts and undercurrents that were not known to or understood by all. In Forum, each individual’s experience could be seen and understood, leading to greater empathy and creativity in the community. Now, many residential and non-residential intentional communities have adopted Forum as a way to maintain ongoing connection, intimacy and understanding.
The goal of Forum is to reveal what is alive but not known to all. The community sits in a circle, forming a stage for one person at a time to stand and show what is true for them. Facilitators may assist the person (or “presenter”) to reveal themselves more deeply. Afterward, community members may offer reflections, or “mirrors,” on what they saw.
One of the gifts of ZEGG Forum is that it allows us a space to appreciate every perspective without taking it on as “truth.” Every voice has its own poignancy, its own wisdom, its own truth, that does not negate the wisdom and truth of other perspectives. Allowing all voices to surface and be known can lead to a profound and unexpected integration within a community. We tend to think that events leading to painful experiences and conflicts are bad, because they feel bad in the moment. However, when we open ourselves and compassionately witness what is happening for everyone, these experiences can be gateways to greater closeness, understanding, and love. When conflict emerges, whether or not we are in a formal Forum space, we can choose to listen in this way. This deep listening sustains and nurtures community life and relationships.
More about Sarah Taub
Sarah Taub (www.sarahtaub.com) is a cultural activist whose passion is creating events where people transform. She teaches relationship and community skills - such as self-awareness, honesty, clear boundaries - as well as leading groups to greater emotional, physical, and spiritual intimacy. Since 2004 she has been a major organizer of "New Culture" events aimed at creating a culture based on love and freedom. Sarah co-founded the first cohousing community in Washington, DC, and now lives at Chrysalis, a small urban community in Arlington, VA, and Allegheny Crest Intentional Village in Mt. Storm, WV.
More about One Space
One Space is a private home, land, and community space being stewarded by Leslie and Dixon.
* The One Space outdoor area where we will gathering for the workshop is a grassy lawn at ground level from the parking pad. We will erect a shade/rain protection structure. There is also a pole barn that is open air and may be used for portions and has a unique floor. There are no barriers or stairs required to access. Camping areas are similar. There are also rustic wooded trails. We have stationary chairs that can be supportive for movement and seating if desired.
* To support folx with sensitivities we’re asking all to refrain from wearing fragrances or colognes. Also, no smoking in the backyard please.
* Bathrooms: peeing freely on the land is always welcome, and the Nature View Loo is also available; it is on a trail with some ups and downs and tree roots to navigate, and requires a step up to access. Hand sanitizer is available.
* We have an outdoor shower and hand washing station, and drinking water available. Some limited electrical is available, please check-in if you have specific needs for camping.
* Please do ask about other accessibility needs, we are happy to co-create support in community together. Please give us two weeks notice with additional requests so we can attempt to make this event something you can attend.